Saturday, December 31, 2005

Come ... let us reason together

Isa 1:18
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
(KJV)


This scripture has reverberated in my brain all of today. No surprise since it is the final day of the year and all that I’ve done wrong is ever before me. A new year, a fresh start is what I’m thinking but ‘old things must pass away’. The last month or so of this year was not the best for me. I messed up and found myself in a sort of limbo, knowing that God could make things right for me but unable to take that step in His direction. Guilt and shame held me motionless. Not that I ignored Him but the ‘elephant in the room’ so to speak went unaddressed. Till now.

These words echo in my soul urging me closer to the throne, loosing my tongue to speak of things previously unexpressed, filling my heart with hope for redemption, for change.

No comments: