Sunday, January 01, 2006

I press toward the mark

Phil 3:13-14
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
(KJV)


The hardest thing for me to do is to forgive myself. I find it so much easier to forgive others, keeping in mind my own imperfections and God’s forgiveness of them. But forgiving my own folly seems so much more difficult. So it’s a new year and I’m going to follow my own advice and take it one day at a time. No looking back and self castigations about past failures but I’m going to move forward. God has great things in store for me. I just need to let Him have His way, have patience and His will be done.

No comments: