Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Words of My Mouth

The title scripture of this blog, Psalm 19:14 is one of the verses of scripture I try to live each day by. It’s right up there with “in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path” and “ whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are good … if there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things.” I recognize that the battlefield really is in the mind and believe that with the right mind I can live right.

the words of my mouth
The Bible says that the words we speak should minister grace to the hearers.

the meditation of my heart
the Bible also says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. It’s easy to harbour resentment and unforgiveness. It’s even easier to get caught up in “the things of this world”. So guarding our hearts is important so that what comes out of us will glorify God. Then our fruit which is our ultimate testimony will be good fruit.

No comments: